From 1895 to 1900, when the Yorkshire Penny Bank opened it's branch here, this was the premises of Ossett sub-postmaster and chemist J. W. Cussons. His initials can still be seen in a decorative carving on the Prospect Road wall of the building which was designed by W.A. Kendall. Cussons left Ossett to manufacture his Imperial Leather soap.
||Wild West Yorkshire home page|